Sunday, January 13, 2008

One of the reasons I picked Seattle to move to is because it is pretty darned close to one of my most favorite places - Whistler, BC. This weekend I went there for a little skiing since they were getting quite a bit of snow. The highlights from this weekend include:

1. Sushi Village - Literally, this was our first stop. It is tradition with our group to head there more or less upon arrival. Pitchers of sake margaritas (margs) are the only way you know you have offically arrived in Whistler.

2. Phat Luvs - I finally christened these powder skis with over a foot of fresh pow on Friday. Having never skied fat sticks before, this took a little getting used to. Again, I have to credit my Master of Pain for making me fit enough to turn those suckers around as well as I did.

3. Whistler Creekside - Never even knew there were runs in that area that were worth skiing. I stand humbly corrected on that. We were up to our knees in powder... even had the runs to ourselves. And no, I don't have any pictures. I can't ski with a camera on my back. Too stressful to worry about getting it wet or broken.

4. Snowball fight crossfire - On my way into Earls yesterday I got smacked in the face by a very hard snowball. At the top of the stairs a group of men were having a fight and I bought it. Did they apologize? NO... they just suggested I join in. Typical.

5. Discovering I still have it - Got hit on by a college senior. The guy thought I was younger than he. (YES!) He was a very nice young man, goes to UW, orginally from Kiev, Ukraine. Boy did I throw him a loop when I out of the blue asked him a question in ukrainian. He bought me shots. I got loopy. Thanks, dude.

6. I'm also a comedian - My cardkey to the hotel lobby didn't work all weekend. Last night I got back to the hotel (loopy, remember) and while using Christine's key, announce to the people waiting to be let in with the help of my key, "My key's been broken. But now this key works and I'M broken."

No comments: